Dog Bike Leash Benefits
Biking vs Walking: We are firm believers in walking your dog to create a strong bond between the two of you. In no way do we advise that biking would completely take the place of walking or any other activities you enjoy with your best buddy. Biking is meant to be an addition to walks, games of fetch, trips to the dog park, etc... And it is may not be right for every pup. Learn if biking is right for your dog here
One of the most important things you can do for your dog to make sure they are happy, healthy, balanced, and non-destructive, is to ensure they get enough exercise. Dog’s are not meant to lounge around the house all day sleeping. Even if they have a large backyard, most dogs will not use it to run around and get exercise on their own. This is why it is so important to take part in outdoor activities everyday with your dog. You owe it to them as their owner, even when there seems like there is no time. Most people will try to at least walk their dog/s daily, but for many breeds, walking alone may not be enough. Jogging your dog, either by foot or with the assistance of a bike or scooter, may help to satisfy the drive of more high energy, active breeds (especially working dogs).
This was the problem I was having with my dog Parker. He had a ton of energy, but my daily walks and jogs just weren’t cutting it for him. And I didn’t have the time to take him to an off-leash park everyday. That is when I came across the concept of dog biking. When done with the right equipment and at the appropriate pace, biking your can be an excellent addition to other activities you enjoy with your dog. It can help your dog to get the exercise they need and have fun doing it.
Here are a few reasons biking may be a good option for you and your dog:
- Helps to release your dog's energy in a fraction of the time it would take walking your dog. A quick jog around the block may be all your dog needs.
- Your dog gets to trot or jog in a controlled environment, still safely secured to you as opposed to being off-leash
- Better exercise for your dog leads to a healthier, happier, longer life
- Your dog will be less destructive if they get the proper amount of exercise
- It's a fun addition to regular walks, jogs, and time at the dog park.