Ruffwear Approach Pack
Roam further with the Approach Pack, a day hiking and light overnight dog pack with excellent performance, fit, and functionality. Radial cut saddlebags – sized right for extending day hikes and venturing into light overnights – create a passive compression system for efficient load carrying over the shoulders. They rest on an integrated harness with a breathable chassis that enhances comfort and pack stability. With lightweight materials, a streamlined design, and mindful gear organization, the Approach Pack sparks instant motivation for canines seeking deeper exploration on the trail with their human.
It’s recommended that your dog carry no more than 25% of their body weight, including the weight of the pack and its contents. If your dog is new to dog packs, start with a light load and work up to a heavier load as your dog gets used to wearing the pack.
What's New This Season: A staple in the Ruffwear pack lineup, the Approach Pack's updates were inspired by customer feedback. More breathability and flexibility with a perforated, molded foam chassis; improved fade-resistance with new materials; updated flopper stopper system for easier use when stabilizing saddlebags; and more streamlined, refined saddlebag volumes.
Check out this article if you need help choosing the right pack.
STABLE GEAR CARRY
Radial cut, weight-forward saddlebags and "flopper stoppers" stabilize pack and contents and minimize bounce.
Padded handle and girth straps offer even load dispersion for controlled and comfortable lifting when your dog needs a boost.
KEEP GEAR ORGANIZED
Vertical stash pocket for organizing gear and storing heavier items like food and water closer to dog.
- Five points of adjustment for an optimal fit
- Two leash attachment points: aluminum V-ring and reinforced webbing loop
- Padded handle and girth straps offer even load dispersion for controlled and comfortable lifting
- Radial cut, weight-forward saddlebags and flopper stoppers stabilize pack and contents
- Vertical stash pocket for organizing gear and storing heavier items closer to dog
- External gear loops for additional gear organization and quick on-the-trail access
- Reflective trim for visibility in low-light conditions and light loop for attaching The Beacon™️
Materials & Care
Shell: 150 denier polyester
Harness chassis: Laminated, molded bonded mesh and perforated foam
Buckles: ITW Nexus Airloc side-release buckles
Leash Connection Point: Anodized 6061-T6 aluminum V-ring
Zippers: YKK reverse coil zipper
Made in Vietnam