Click Here For Sizing Chart Up to 50% MORE FLOTATION MATERIAL than the "cheapies" you see out there. After all, shouldn't a dog flotation device actually float?
Combining advanced manufacturing techniques and the highest performance materials available - this dog flotation device has been designed and extensively tested to give your dog the most ergonomic and comfortable fit possible.
Dog Flotation Device Details
The unique ultra-bouyancy foam is strategically positioned within the vest to keep your dog in a natural swimming position at all times. Unlike other dog life vests, this flotation device does not hinder your dogs' natural movement and can be quickly and easily fastened and removed.
Other great features include our ergonomic grab handle and super-strong nylon D-buckle allowing you to easily transport and secure your dog when required. This handle is great for lifting your dog onto a dock, boat, kayack, etc...
Why Buy From Us?
How To Size For A Dog Harness, Coat, Vest, Pack, or Apparel
EzyDog DFD Life-vest Adjustment
Why use a dog flotation device
We all know most dogs can swim. So why might you need a dog flotation device? There are tons of reasons. Here are a just a few reasons to use a dog life jacket...
1) It's great to use a dog flotation device when going out on the boat. Not only for safety reasons, but also because it makes it easy to get your dog back in the boat. The super strong handle on the top of the EzyDog flotation makes it easy to lower your dog in or lift them out of the water.
2) The EzyDog flotation device is great for older or disabled dogs (amputee dogs for example) that have a tough time swimming on their own. The special head flotation flap keeps your dog's head above water at all times.
3) I take my dog Parker on the kayak fishing with me and like for him to be able to swim alongside to cool down. A dog flotation device is perfect when your dog will be swimming for an extended period of time - even dogs get tired of swimming. And when I need to get him back in the kayak, the handle makes it a breeze.
4) Some smaller dogs are not the best swimmer or might be scared to swim. This dog floatation device is comfortable on dogs of any size and lets them move as they naturally would. Who knows, maybe it can even help some dogs get over their fear of swimming. In any case, this dog life vest is a great training tool when teaching young dogs to swim.
5) This particular dog flotation device is designed and has been extensively tested to ensure your dog is comfortable and can move naturally. The neoprene straps are especially nice to prevent rubbing on your dog's underside.
Of course safety is one of the main benefits of using a dog life vest. This vest keeps your dog perfectly positioned and their head above water at all times. There is more flotation in these vests than any others I have tried out.
EzyDog Dog Lifejacket Reviews
"Great jacket! A must have! We have three dogs. A jack russel, english bull dog, and a pit/boxer mix. The jack russel is a true water lover. She knows when she is not wearing the jacket. She will only stay at the shore. As soon as the jacket is on, she is off and swimming all over! She also gets so excited as soon as she sees the jacket.
The english bulldog needs the jacket. She cant swim with out it. All of our dogs will wear these jackets all day .
The jacket is great on male dogs. My pit/boxer has had other jackets that werent so kind on his privates. This jackets does not rub. Fits perfect.” – Denise
"We were looking for a vest to take our dog sailing and for swimmin gin the ocean. We tried maybe a six or seven different dog life vests before selecting the EzyDog - here is why most others did not work:
1) Fit - I wonder if some manufacturers actually tried fitting a life vest on a real dog? The EzyDog is snug but comfortable - it just looks right and feels right;
2) Padded straps - there are some vests that have a 'full' under belly mesh design which at first we thought would be better than straps. It's not for a male dog!! These are only for female dog owners as near as I can tell as either the male would be peeing INTO the vest or he would be bound up by it - nuff said. Some vests use unpadded webbing straps - these are not only uncomfortable for the dog but they slide around when you pick the dog up - I have seen dogs slide right out! The padded straps of the EzyDog are comfortable and don't slide. Best test is to pick your dog with the vest on to make sure it doesn't pinch or slide.
3) Flotation - most vest do not have as much flotation material as the EzyDog. One vest we tried on our dog had flotation under the dog's belly but not on top of his back. This was a big name brand too - all I could see is the dog flopping about on his side. Again do any of these people try their vests on a real dog before they build them?
4) Quality construction. You can tell these are well made vests and will last a lifetime. Yet even so there are more expensive vests with worse quality, fit and less flotation.
It pays to find a store that carries many vest brands and sizes to get the right fit - in my experience some designs are questionable. The EzyDog fits well, works well and will last." - Ben's Owner
"Thanks for all your help. We used the life jacket last weekend for our border collie and it worked great. He could swim and retrieve a toy very well with the life jacket on. It gave the extra security since he is weak on his left side. The swimming is very good for him and he loves it. The harness we bought is also working out very well." - Amy
"A few months ago I took my 2.5 year old labrador retriever, Rowdy, swimming and ended up having to go in the lake after him fully clothed when his collar got caught on a floating buoy. I have two labs and I bought each of them a Doggy Flotation Vest size large (it adjusts quite a lot so I managed to make it work for my 5 month old puppy as well). Now when I have my hands full with the pup I don't have to worry about my big guy drowning. Plus it has an added bonus NO MORE EAR INFECTIONS!!! If you have a labrador retriever you know what I'm talking about! It keeps their head above water so their floppy ears don't get wet!!! The Doggy Flotation Vests don't restrict their movement at all and I have so many people asking me where I got them I've wrote down your website on slips of paper and keep it in my wallet for when people inevitably ask." - Shannon, BC
"I have a 5 year old pug that thinks he can swim... but once he gets in the water he sinks like a rock. So since I'm not a fan of being a doggy life guard, he wears a vest. Since he was a puppy we've gone through a different vest each summer - I'd say I've bought at least 5 or 6 in his lifetime to replace the ones that wore out, molded, or got lost. This summer I got Ozzy an EZYDOG vest, and this one is by far PERFECT! Most vests are too long on a pug, but the EZYDOG vest fits like it was meant to be. Plus it looks really cool, too. Other vests on the market are cheap, don't fit right, and are usually bright orange (which is so not a good color on my pug). While the EZY DOG life vests are a little more expensive than the $10.00 Petco ones, it's totally worth the investment. My pug won't wear anything else. In fact, his vest got stolen from my car earlier this year, and I'm replacing it with an identical one. Here comes vest #7." - Kathryn, WA
"Bought a vest a couple of years ago when we bought a boat - we love it. "Monty" loves to hang out on the edge, so it's great peace of mind. He also gets a lot of attention on the water, even the Water Police were impressed. We also have a pool and as Monty loves the water, it keeps him afloat once he gets tired of "doggy paddle""
"I have 4 pugs, and I love how it easily accommodated their chest, but still wasn't too long on their body. I love the neck part too, I've tried others that velcro and was not pleased with them, this has just one piece that goes under the neck and is adjustable from the side so under the neck doesn't get too bulky if the dog has a smaller neck. It's an over all great, comfortable fit, and 100% worth the money." - Sherry, NY
"We have some heavy labs and they aren't two years old yet.I wasn't sure if the XLRGE was going to fit but it did.Once she had it on and got use to it there is no stopping her.We have a pool in the back yard she is jumping off the steps and not going under.She is dropping the ball in the deep end and doing laps.She glides along the water and we haven't had it a week yet.We just ordered a second one for our none swimming lab since she jumped in the other day.Just to let you know the large labs nick name is CHUBB CHUBB AND WEIGHS IN AROUND 134 LBS. This was worth every penny."